Thursday, August 27, 2015

Gate by Gate



China Day 1 | Beijing

We made it to China without much of knowing anything about the country. We knew where we needed to ultimately go and that the Great Wall was there and a few other things but not much else. By the end of our trip we learned a lot about China. More of those stories to come along the way!

The first tourist spot we hit up besides eating the famous Peking Roasted Duck for dinner the night before was Tian'anmen Square and the Forbidden city. I didn't imagine it to be so big and extensive or for it to take up half of our day. We walked through gate after gate in the heat until we ended up in the Imperial Garden of winding pine trees, ponds and brilliant flowers. I couldn't imagine I'd ever see such a scene! 

While I enjoy mostly soaking in the parts of the architecture, colors, intricate designs, trees, and the people, David decided to do the audio guide. He listens and learns while I take photos. It's a win win situation! He educates me on the sites and I capture the memories of our journeys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment