Sunday, July 7, 2013

living through India





it has been a few months since i last posted anything. i'd like to say that i will keep the blog updated daily from here on out but i wear many hats and my time is usually taken up quickly. my goal is to at least post a photo a day even if i have no time for words. my family and i are living in India this summer and i hope to share as many stories and experiences as i can with you.

at this moment i am sitting in a hotel suite in Chennai India with the loud honking of horns from the heavy traffic seeping into our room as i am trying to focus and concentrate. sometimes i feel like the noise is inescapable, i go to sleep and hear it, i wake up and hear it, in church i can hear it. sequestering myself to this room has been a favorite routine of mine this past weekend because, to be honest, i am tired of all the noise, crowded places, the smog, and all the pungent smells that can really make you nauseous. at least in my room i can feel a bit of peace. 

India takes some getting used to and can be a challenge at times. it really tests your patience in many ways. i think my biggest peeve is the traffic, but like i said, i can somewhat escape it for a bit in my room. i think the rest of my family can agree. we can feel homesick at times but getting through the challenges together as a family and talking things through can be like a healing process. a time to bring perspective and purpose. 

No comments:

Post a Comment